The Wyoming Department of Education (WDE) is pleased to announce the opportunity for nonprofit organizations in Wyoming to submit an external organization profile so that WDE may make this information available to all eligible applicants for 21st CCLC funding. As authorized in the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA), reauthorized as Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA), Title IV, Part B, 4203(a)(11)(A-B), the WDE is required to provide a list of “pre-screened external organizations”. External organizations are defined in ESSA, 4201(b)(4) as:
(A) a nonprofit organization with a record of success in running or working with before and after school (or summer recess) programs and activities; or
(B) in the case of a community where there is no such organization, a nonprofit organization in the community that enters into a written agreement or partnership with an organization described in subparagraph (A) to receive mentoring and guidance in running or working with before and after school (or summer recess) programs and activities.
To meet the requirements for the minimum record of success, any organization submitting a profile to be included on the list must:
· Operate as a nonprofit in good standing in Wyoming;
· Have a minimum five years of experience operating and implementing expanded learning programs outside the regular school day for school-age children and youth in Wyoming; and
· Provide a statement of success describing the organizations quantitative and/or qualitative measures of success in local programs for at least the last two years.
Your profile survey is considered incomplete without proof of nonprofit status, as specified on the next page. Please submit the appropriate documentation via the upload section.
Information and Disclaimers:
* Any external organization that meets the criteria outlined above, completes all sections in the profile survey and submits by the deadline, will be included on the external organization pre-screened list. The list will be maintained by the WDE.
* Organizations completing the profile survey should make no presumption of funding associated with inclusion on the list. There is no funding from WDE or any local 21CCLC subgrantees related to this request for information. Completion of the profile survey will NOT result in a contract with the WDE.
* The WDE reserves the right to remove an organization from the list when it fails to meet the minimum record of success.
* The WDE, by including an organization on the eligible provider list, is only verifying that the organization successfully completed the external organization pre-screening process. WDE's inclusion of an organization on the external organization list is not an endorsement of the organization, nor is it a certification of the quality of activities provided by the organizations.
* Subsequent to the profile survey submission, all information submitted by an external organization in response to the profile survey is considered public information.
* The WDE is not responsible for technical issues the organization experiences during the time of submission.